Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all farmer transaction inquiries while maintaining the commercial position of Gail.
- Recommend state coordinators/Ad-hoc staff for enrollment with Gail to drive farmer engagement and training.
- Grow Input finance portfolio, smallholder farmers training participation
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Establish an index and maintain a relationship with Farmers/Cooperatives/Agro-dealers within the location.
- Provide timely feedback to Management regarding Inquiry into farmer-related transactions for the state.
- Manage/Supervise all GAIL Programs involving farmers in the state through relevant state coordinators.
- Provide production forecasts quarterly for all commodities in the state based on interaction with farmers & Ag. Development.Program.
- Directly responsible for all commercials and sales deliverables required on a 2,000-hectare model (seed, fertilizer, and chemical sales)
- Conduct training on good agronomic practices and establish demonstrations and farm/market storms within the region
- Ensure linkage of all harvest from above to FMN Factories (Aggregation and logistics requirements)
- First degree in Agronomy or any other related field
- Masters Degree or equivalent an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 -10 years post qualification work experience in a manufacturing environment of which 3-5 FMCG industry.
- Robust experience in technical and agronomic for the Agri- input department, undertaking investigations and research with the objective of increasing Agro-Allied production.
The person must:
- Must have the ability to impart knowledge to subordinates clearly and concisely.
- Must recognize the standards of quality to be achieved, and pass on the same understanding to subordinates so that a policy of attention to detail is garnered.
- Must ensure that expected crop yields and quality are achieved.
Successful candidates must want to reside:
- Ilorin or other towns within Kwara State
- Saki/ Iseyin Oyo State (Not Ibadan)
- Gombe State
- Adamawa State
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria.
We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria.