Apply for Funded Yiaga Constituency Office Internship Program 2022 for Nigerians
Internship Jobs in Nigeria – Nigerian youths are therefore called to participate in a Funded Yiaga Constituency Office Internship Program 2022. Yiaga Africa’s Centre for Legislative Engagement with the support of the European union under its European Union Support for Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) is seeking to recruit interns for selected Constituency Offices in the 36 States and the FCT.
Successful applicants will be deployed to the selected Constituency Offices for three (3) months to provide support to respective constituency offices.
The Internship period if designed to build the capacity of young Nigerians through direct understudy of the running of Constituency offices, legislature-constituent relations and legislative engagement. Young men and women interested in contributing to democratic development and enhancing their knowledge on the legislature and legislators-constituents’ relations are encouraged to apply.
Selected interns will:
- Serve as research assistants in respective constituency offices
- Provide support in the coordinating and managing the selected constituency office
- Monitor and evaluate engagements in the constituency offices
- Participate in respective legislator constituency office activities
- Work closely with the legislative aide(s)
- Must be between 18- 35 years
- A minimum of tertiary education (graduated or still studying)
- Adequate knowledge of Microsoft suites
- Good writing and oral skills
- Must reside in the listed constituency
List of Constituencies
Interested applicants are expected to reside in the following constituencies as listed below
|3||Etinan/Nsit Ibom/Nsit Ubium||Akwaibom|
|4||Awka North/Awka South||Anambra|
|10||Aniocha / Oshimili||Delta|
|14||Abuja Municipal/Bwari||Federal Capital Territory (FCT)-Abuja|
|20||Ilorin East/Ilorin South||Kwara|
|26||Ife Central/Ife East/Ife North/Ife South||Osun|
Duration of Internship: 3 Months (January – March 2022)
Remuneration: Selected interns will be provided with remuneration commensurate with the work.
How to Apply for Funded Yiaga Constituency Office Internship Program 2022
Interested applicants for the Yiaga application who meet the stated requirements should send their curriculum vitae and a Statement of interest ( 200 words maximum) on why you consider yourself a suitable candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Young women and PWDs are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 17th January, 2022