Canon Collins Trust 2021/2022 Leigh Day LLB scholarship at University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape
Law and human rights have long been within our priority areas for awarding scholarships. By investing in future members of South Africa’s legal profession we hope to support a new generation of leaders to develop legal systems which are just and equitable.
This scholarship is generously supported by Leigh Day & Co, a London law firm specialising in personal injury and human rights law. Canon Collins Trust invites applications from current 2nd and 3rd year students (going into their 3rd and 4th year in 2022) studying for an LLB at the University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape. We will provide funding for maximum of two years.
Awards in 2022 will be R40,000, per academic year. This will be paid into your student account, so initially it will go towards the cost of your fees, and any remaining funds can be used for accommodation, books, or other purposes relevant to your studies.
Leigh Day LLB Scholarship Benefits
- Awards will be R40,000 per academic year. Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years.
- We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- We also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year.
- Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
Leigh Day LLB Scholarship Eligibilty
To apply for this scholarship you must be:
- A current second or third year LLB student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
- A national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- In possession of a strong academic record and extra-curricular involvement.
- A 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate of Law student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
Please apply only if you are eligible and meet ALL of the above criteria.
How to apply
The scholarship is now open. The deadline for applications is at 15:00 GMT on Monday 4th October 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
Deadline: 04 October 2021 3:00 pm GMT
For nore information, visit Leigh Day LLB scholarship.
RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria. We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria!
We share available/current job vacancies for job seekers who are interested to apply. We do not have any relationship with the employers. We can not assist any job seeker secure a job.
Our admins will NEVER call, text or email any of our members requesting for payment of any kind. Our services are Free of Charge.
BEWARE OF SCAMMERS.Thanks