The National Basketball Association (NBA) is passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Lead
Requisition ID: 7551
- At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
- This position is critical in driving the growth of NBA Nigeria by driving key brand initiatives and the broader fan engagement efforts of the NBA in Nigeria.
- The Marketing lead will work across multiple departments serving as the voice of the fan and the custodian of the NBA brand in Nigeria.
- In the fan engagement role, the individual will work with the PR, social media, events and content teams to drive local, fan-centric activities for all key markets.
- Be a champion of the African basketball fan across all departments of NBA Nigeria.
- Make decisions regarding localization of global NBA campaigns and initiatives and manage execution thereof.
- Drive strategic decisions around fan engagement and the NBA brand in order to reach broader business objectives and targets.
- Lead all fan insights work, with the support of the insight’s teams based in New York and marketing team in South Africa including management of global fan trackers, bespoke research for the region, and fan panels.
- Drive key performance indicators across on marketing disciplines and update key stakeholders on campaign performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure brand standards are upheld across all creative and messaging.
- Support marketing partnerships team with marketing campaigns or across all partner activities
- Provide insights, ideas, campaigns, and budget for the business development team Support licensee manager with marketing campaigns around licensee product.
- Have a deep understanding of data analytics for the purpose of decision making and fan acquisition. Support all departments on all marketing needs and amplification of all initiatives.
- Supports the development of all NBA Nigeria communications efforts providing support to all needs across both business and basketball development.
- Supports a communications strategy for NBA Nigeria working with relevant NBA departments (Communications, International Marketing, Social Responsibility, CDS, Social & Digital Media, Global Partnerships & Media Distribution)
- Lead the development of the multi-channel marketing strategy, with a particular focus on social media, PR, and digital.
- Deliver the marketing communications strategy, ensuring brand messaging and creativity is consistent across all communication platforms.
- Ensure consumer and cultural insights are integrated in all marketing strategies and communication platforms.
- Having a strong content background will be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Sports Management and/or relevant field of study.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing experience, Minimum of 2 years of leadership/management experience.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience leading multi-channel marketing campaigns with expert knowledge across social media, digital advertising, and PR.
- Ability to be flexible & adaptive is a must.
- Strategic thinker, able to shape, develop and execute the strategy of NBA Africa.
- Advanced knowledge of advertising and media effectiveness measurement approaches.
- Experience building relationships with personalities and influencers.
- Good knowledge of basketball, NBA, and the BAL. Sports landscape knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Strong presentation, planning, and analytical skills.
- Proactive, thorough, intellectually curious, detail-oriented and highly organized.
- A passion for understanding consumer behaviour.
- Marketing knowledge and experience in sports/and or/fashion/lifestyle categories a plus.
- Storytelling ability using a range of platforms.
- Ability to multitask and complete work on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Conversational or Business French is a plus.
Job Title: Basketball Operations Lead
Requisition ID: 7543
- The NBA Nigeria Basketball Operations works to carry out the league’s strategy of growing the game of basketball by getting more youth participating in the game around the world.
- Based in Lagos, Nigeria, this position will work across all business lines to develop, deliver, and manage Basketball Operations initiatives and programs in Nigeria and Africa supporting the growth of the NBA Nigeria.
- This role will focus on managing and growing our NBA Nigeria youth participation programs and activities in Nigeria, support NBA Nigeria initiatives in Nigeria and, oversee the administration and delivery of Basketball Operations partner deliverables.
- Serve as primary contact for Basketball Operations on all NBA Nigeria Leagues operations, logistics & internal processes in Nigeria.
- Overall lead on NBA Nigeria Leagues programs running in Nigeria, including managing local agency and coordinating partner deliverables with the partnerships team.
- Overall lead on the delivery of NBA Nigeria Week clinics, coaching clinics, activities, and programs for NBA Nigeria preseason games in Nigeria.
- Lead the on-court coaching, instruction, and demonstrations of basketball drills at camps and youth clinics (elite/non-elite) in Nigeria Support the talent identification, scouting, and recruitment of elite players for Basketball Without Borders (BWB), NBA Nigeria League selection camp, and other elite basketball programs.
- Support the development and management of basketball programs in the U.A.E. and the Middle East, including NBA Nigeria and NBA Nigeria Basketball School programs.
- Support the Basketball Operations department in partnering with the Global Partnerships team to develop and deliver a commercial model to commercialize NBA Nigeria Basketball Schools platforms, to increase levels of participation in Nigeria.
- Assist with the coordination, planning, organization, and delivery of NBA Nigerian camps, coaching, NBA Nigeria clinics, and NBA Nigeria Cares activities around international games.
- Support the implementation of youth basketball and coaching development (train-the-trainer) in Nigeria Support NBA Nigeria, Global Partnerships, and New Business departments in designing and delivering basketball programming that supports business growth and long-term basketball initiatives.
- Develop and evolve key day-to-day relationships with Federations, Clubs, Government, and other key stakeholders in NBA Nigeria.
Educational Background Required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Sports Management, a plus
- A minimum of 7 years elite basketball coaching experience with extensive experience in coaching youth players and past playing experience, a plus.
- A business management experience is a plus In-depth knowledge of the game of basketball throughout Africa, with special focus in Nigeria and internationally Experience in creating, planning, and executing all aspects of basketball development programs (youth/elite clinics, coaching clinics, camps, seminars, grassroots, etc).
- Ability to develop creative solutions which will meet the objectives of prospective partners.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Business level fluency in the English language required.
- Additional language skills, a plus Strong ability to deliver in-person and virtual coaching to elite youth players and coaches.
- Deep knowledge of the NBA Nigeria international business and sports operations.
- Strong project-management and event management skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects Foundational knowledge of Marketing, TV & Digital Sales, Merchandising, Sponsorships, and Communications.
- A thorough understanding of the Nigeria sports landscape and the local culture.
- Working knowledge of the game of basketball, including current FIBA and NBA rules and regulations.
- Strong business acumen with a demonstrated computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new computer programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and across all business lines within the organization.
- Position will require significant international travel.
- Team-oriented mindset A passion for basketball Strong business acumen
- Established relationships with scouts across Nigeria a plus.
Job Title: Business Services Management Officer
Requisition ID: 7393
- This role will act as the first point of contact for all external visitors and manage the day-to-day running of the office. In addition, this position will provide a wide variety of support services to the Country Head of NBA Nigeria.
Executive PA Duties:
- Management of calendar
- Schedules and prioritizes appointments and meetings to maximize the Country Head’s engagement
- Arranges extensive travel and process travel expense reports (using Concur Travel & Expense system and PCI’s dedicated travel agency),
- Obtains and prepares required documentation including entry requirements, trip portfolios, advances where necessary, etc.
- Supports the Country Head with any corporate card reconciliation and monthly expense reporting
- Serves as a liaison and responds to enquiries and internal and external client requests
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality concerning all matters
- Assists with memo writing, internal and external communications, as necessary
- Assists with research and analysis on Country Head’s special projects, as assigned
- Supports development of presentation materials
- Supports monthly/ weekly All-Staff meetings
Office Administration Duties:
- Acts as the first point of contact for all external visitors.
- Manages office area and maintain all office equipment
- Orders couriers, taxis, and other services as required
- Liaises with cleaning company on day-to-day cleaning of the office
- Maintains office equipment i.e., Copiers, Faxes, Printers, Telephone, Computers, etc
- Liaises with building management re: office maintenance and coordinate assistance with general up-keep (escalate to Senior Director – Finance & Administration where appropriate)
- Assists with the processing of new starters (ordering business cards and equipment etc)
- Tracking of employee holidays
- Assists with office health and safety matters
- Provides assistance in the invitation process for NBA Nigeria Events
- Assists with ticketing and other ad hoc duties for NBA Nigeria Events as required
- Undertakes any other duties as may be required
- Assists with the onboarding of any new staff members to the NBA Nigeria operation
Educational Background Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) is preferred.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience, preferably supporting an executive or senior leader office, management experience a plus.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Superior organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to multitask, juggle workloads and meet deadlines.
- First class attention to detail
- Articulate, confident communicator, able to deal effectively with clients, management, and staff at all levels
- Positive attitude and a friendly demeanor
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong editing and proof reading abilities
- High level of integrity, be able to use own initiative and have a flexible approach
- Proven time management skills, with an ability to effectively establish and execute priorities in a dynamic and changing environment
- Professional temperament, including the ability to remain calm under difficult circumstances
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels
- Must be able to work independently on own initiative with minimal direction at times
- Sound business judgment, including the ability to handle sensitive and highly confidential information
- Solid team player with a strong customer service focus
- Extensive digital acumen, including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria. We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria! We share available/ Scholarships, current job vacancies for job seekers who are interested to apply.
RECRUITMENT REPORT admins will NEVER call, text or email any of our members requesting for payment of any kind. Our services are Free of Charge.
- BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, Thanks.