Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) Job Recruitment.
Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) is a non-profit rights-based organization committed to ending sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in North-eastern Nigeria and assisting victims of SGBV in accessing services,maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. GRA provides evidence-based grassroots interventions towards promoting social accountability, community-based prevention and response towards ending SGBV and violence against women and girls (VAWG).
GRA is partnering with UN Women in Nigeria to implement a 2-year project funded under the Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) and EU-UN Spotlight Initiative on Ending Violence against Women and Girls (Spotlight Initiative) in Adamawa, Yobe and Borno State. For more information, visit: www.grassrootresearchers.org
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Call for Training Facilitator
Reference No.: GRA – CBW / YLA / 11 / 04 / 002 (Adamawa), GRA – CBW / DTR / 11 / 04 / 003 (Yobe)
Locations: Damaturu – Yobe and Yola – Adamawa
Employment Type: Contract
Type of Service: Short Term Consultancy
Number Required: 2 Local Facilitator
Training’s Duration: 2 Days (In each State)
Strengthening Social Mobilization and Accountability towards Ending SGBV and VAWG
- Capacity Building Workshop for SGBV Activists in Adamawa & Yobe States.
Terms of Reference:
- Facilitators to conduct capacity building training for SGBV Activists in Adamawa and Yobe State on Leadership, Social Accountability Tools / Mobilisation, Human Rights and Advocacy.
In November 2020, UN Women Nigeria partnered withGrassroots Researchers Association (GRA) on the WPHF Spotlight fundingin strengthening networks and groups on social accountability mechanisms and tools tomore effectively mobilize to end SGBV and VAWG in Adamawa, Yobe and Borno State.
The project titled “Strengthening Social Mobilization and Accountability towards Ending SGBV and VAWG” aims at (1)Supporting women’s rights groups and relevant civil society organizations to more effectively use social accountability mechanisms to support their advocacy and influence in preventing and responding to VAWG, including SGBV/Harmful Practices (HP), and Gender Equality and Women Empowerment (GEWE); (2) Strengthening and empowering women’s rights groups and relevant civil society organizations representing groups facing intersecting forms of discrimination/marginalization to design, implement and monitor programmes and policies on VAWG, including SGBV/HP, and promote women’s and girls’Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights(SRHR); and (3)To promote advocacy for GEWE and ending VAWG, including SGBV/HP.
The project will contribute to the elimination of SGBV/VAWG through the creation of a broad partnership with Civil Society, Government, Private Sector, Media, among others; and, build a social movement of women and girls as champions and agents of change at the national, subnational and community levels.
- The overall purpose of this training is to build the capacity of SGBV Activists in Adamawa and Yobe States on cross cutting themes including Leadership, Social Accountability Tools / Mobilisation, Human Rights and Advocacy to more effectively respond to end SGBV/VAWG in their communities.
The objective of the training is to:
- To build participant’s knowledge to be able to effectively initiate, mobilize support, implement and monitor social accountability activities on ending VAWG, including SGBV/HP, and promote women’s and girls’ SRHR
- To build participants’ knowledge of leadership and self-confidence in leading advocacy and campaigns on preventing and responding to SGBV and VAWG in their communities;
- To facilitate learning, knowledge transfer and sharing of experience in the realization and promotion of human rights among the participants.
Scope of Work
The facilitator is expected to:
- Develop training manual for the workshop around the following themes, including: Leadership,Social Accountability Tools / Social Mobilisation, Human Rights and Advocacy;
- Develop and submit training planindicating segments, topics, and delivery methods.
- Facilitate 2 days training for 15 SGBV Activists each inAdamawa and YobeState using participatory approaches to effective learning, using both English language and Hausa;
- Assess participants’ understanding of the topics and provide evidence-based recommendations on areas for further training;
- Produce technical report of the training workshop and share with GRA’s WPHF Spotlight team.
The training will be primarily based on:
- Case studies
- Practical exercises
- Graphic illustrations and
- Short videos.
- Training manual;
- Training plan
- Pre and post training assessment report
- Technical report on training
Qualifications and Profile
- The facilitator must have a minimum of a master’s degree in Gender Studies, Social Sciences, Social Work, Anthropology, International development, or a related discipline, and at least five (5)years’ experience in facilitating trainings relating to gender and social accountability.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EoI) should be addressed to ‘The Executive Director, Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA)” via: firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Proposals should include:
- Applicant’s CV that demonstrate relevant experience (attach as appendix 1)
- Proposed training topics and delivery method (attach as appendix 2);
- Sample report from a similar engagement (attach as appendix 2).
- All inquiries should be forwarded to the Spotlight Project Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th April, 2021.
Note: Please note that applications will be treated on a rolling basis. Applications will no longer be accepted once the role is filled.
Note: RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria.
We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria.