Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) Job Vacancy for Finance Officer
Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill in the vacant positions
Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) is a public health and development consulting firm established by a team with extensive experience in international development and public health programming. We provide technical assistance for health system reforms towards access to cost-effective and quality health care across Nigeria and the continent of Africa. With a network of over 50 global partners and consultants, we develop programmes and provide sustainable solutions for a broad spectrum of health and development challenges.
HSCL is registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (2009), the Tanzanian Registry of Companies (2014), the Office of Administration and registration in Sierra Leone (2015) and the Office of the Registration of Companies in Zambia (2016). HSCL has established offices in Nigeria, Tanzania and Sierra Leone and has also done work in several African countries including Cameroun, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Mauritius, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zanzibar. In Nigeria, HSCL with it’s headquarters in Abuja, has offices in Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Borno, FCT, Kaduna, Kebbi, Lagos, Niger, Sokoto and Zamfara States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Division / Department: Finance
Reporting: State Team Lead
Type: Full time / Non-exempt
- The Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) is one of the two (2) Non-State Actors (NSA’s) providing Basic Package of Nutrition Services (BPNS) on the Accelerating Nutrition Results in Nigeria (ANRiN) in Abia State. HSCL provides the package to eligible beneficiaries_ Pregnant women, Lactating mothers, and Children 6-59 Months in the following LGAs; Aba North, Aba South, IsialaNgwa North, IsialaNgwa South, Obingwa, Osisioma, Ugwunagbo, Ukwa East and Ukwa West.
- The project aims to improve maternal nutrition and health through the provisions of Iron and Folic Acid (IFA), Intermittent Preventive Treatment in Malaria (IPTp)/Sulphadoxine Pyrimethamine, (IPT/SP) and Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) to pregnant and lactating mothers.
- It seeks to reduce the incidences of wasting and malnutrition in children through the provision of Micronutrient Powder (MNP), Zinc/Oral Rehydration Solutions (Zinc/ORS), Vitamin A and Albendazole to children 6-59 months.
- This intervention will help address the scales of challenges affecting pregnant and lactating women and children under the age of five (5), improve maternal and child health indices in the State and contribute to improved national statistics of health.
- The intervention creates an opportunity for sustainable platforms of awareness creation and knowledge on Maternal Infant and Young Child Feeding (MIYCF) practices, through community structures to facilitate behavioural change, strengthen the mechanisms for the distribution, and tracking of commodities.
- It also addresses challenges with data quality to reduce incidences of stock-out and resource accountability.
- The implementation activities also aim to strengthen the existing network of skilled and motivated personnel by building the capacity of community volunteers and health workers to deliver quality and gender-friendly nutrition services across the nine (9) LGAs of Abia State.
- The position holder will be responsible for both accounting and finance functions and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of funders with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles (IAS & IFRS).
- Prepare month end closure reports, bank resolutions etc from QuickBooks accounting software,
- Respond to compliance questioned costs, findings, and spare head financial close outs activities.
- Provide support with the accounting workflow in the review and audit of HSCL and sub-recipient/ Consortium partners reports for reimbursement of expenditures.
- Analyze, develop, and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets including monitoring cash flows and requesting for fund transfers from donor
- Prepare financial reports for to monitor and track obligations and expenditures.
- Assist technical staff in monitoring sub-project budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of sub-projects account activities, with accompanying backup documentation and receipt.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- ACCA, ACA, ANAN is required.
- Experience in accounting and accounting principles sufficient to prepare complex and detailed financial and budgetary analyses.
- Experience in financial reporting, and financial management systems applications.
- Familiarity with World Bank-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial, and related management information
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, database and SQL query tools and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations
- Excellent numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use software tools to present data clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter (no more than a page) and an updated CV in one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- South-East Residents only.