International Money Fund (IMF) Economist Program 2022 for PhD Graduates
Applications are now open for the three-year fully funded career development program. IMF is looking for young economists who want to have influence on the global stage and who can bring the latest in economic thought and multidisciplinary approaches to help us address key global economic challenges
Joining the IMF as part of our Economist Program (EP), will jump-start your career by giving you hands-on exposure to a cross-section of IMF work and an opportunity to apply your research and analytical skills directly to essential policy work which impacts the organizations’s 190 member countries.
International Money Fund Economist Program | What to Expect
- The EP offers you a well-rounded experience of the IMF’s work and provides a unique foundation for a thought-provoking and fulfilling career as an economist.
- During the three-year program, you will rotate through two departmental assignments, joining economic teams working in regional and country-specific surveillance as well as in fiscal, monetary, balance of payments, debt, or related issues.
- This is not a trainee position and from the start you will be given real work and real responsibilities as an IMF economist.
Applicants will need to be:
- A recent PhD graduate or be within one year of completing your PhD in a relevant field of study
- A national of one of the IMF member countries
- Under age 34 when you join the IMF EP program
It is not mandatory to have knowledge of Macroeconomics, the IMF is looking for adaptable applicants who demonstrate the potential to learn new fields as well as bring a variety of skills to our work. While you will be expected to have a grounding in macroeconomics and a good understanding of our work, EPs come to the IMF from a wide range of economic-related fields including finance, labor economics, development economics, gender and more.
- During the three-year program, all EPs are expected to have participated in at least one mission to a country. Depending on your assignments and interests, you may participate in multiple country visits.
- As an EP, you will receive additional training and support along with oversight from a dedicated central team managing the program and senior economists in each EP department. You will also join with a cohort of other EPs.
- The EP is designed to provide you with an accelerated start to your career, beginning with a broad foundation of the IMF’s work, and taking advantage of the information available from a strong network of other EPs. Most EP graduates have chosen to stay at the IMF after graduation and many have progressed to senior roles in the organization.
- Those who have left, have gone on to a wide variety of prominent roles in central banks, governments, academia, and the financial sector.
- How to Apply: The application process for the IMF Economist Program opens annually in late September, with a notice on the IMF Career Site. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed between October and January, with offers made in early February. The selection process consists of multiple stages, which may run in parallel to one another.
Application Deadline: January Annually
For more information: Visit the Official Website for Further Details
RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Scholarships, Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria. We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria!
We share available/current job vacancies for job seekers who are interested to apply. We do not have any relationship with the employers. We can not assist any job seeker secure a job.
Our admins will NEVER call, text or email any of our members requesting for payment of any kind. Our services are Free of Charge.
BEWARE OF SCAMMERS. Thanks