Job Recruitment at Unilever Nigeria Plc
Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Protection Manager
Job Code: R-17329
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- To be responsible for all operational brand protection work in the respective Operating Company and Markets.
- He will be responsible for implementing the agreed Africa anti-counterfeiting strategy and Priority Action Plans with the objective of halting the importation, distribution, and sales of counterfeit Unilever products in these markets, including online markets and the prevention of local production and inter -country exports.
Understand the Market:
- To have an in-depth understanding of the way of working of the genuine market, including understanding where loopholes may exist that could be exploited by counterfeiters.
- The BPM also needs to understand local manufacturers, importers, traders and the supply chain “modus operandi” for counterfeits into the market.
- The BPM will evaluate, interview and make recommendations in agreement with the HoBP Africa on the best investigators to use within the market.
Understand the law:
- To understand the laws pertaining to Trademark infringements within the country and to liaise with the Head of Brand Protection for Africa and local Legal team to evaluate the best options, and most practical route to detection and prosecution of offenders and destruction of goods and effective deterrence and sentencing in the country.
Networking within the Organization:
- Must build a strong working relationship with preferably a cross functional team to help in effecting an overall appreciation and effectiveness of the BP work across the Company.
- Must also work closely; with Unilever’s local Legal Counsel and appointed TM Litigation lawyers in the country, to ensure that appropriate and effective legal sanctions are applied.
Training and Networking with Snr Government Officials & Law Enforcement Agencies:
- He/She is required to network with senior leadership of relevant law enforcement Agencies and Snr Government officials around the issues of policy formulation and operational implementation.
- Arrange regular training programmes for Customs, Police and other key enforcement officials.
- Work with Head of Brand Protection for Africa to evaluate whether an MOU would be operationally and strategically beneficial.
- Identify all key freight entry (sea and land) points and ensure that training is provided in line with risk for each point.
- Work with Legal to ensure Trade Marks are recorded with Customs.
- Prepare and distribute updated information and support documents to help officials identify potential counterfeits.
- Ensure that key colleagues within Packaging R&D in country are available to assist with prompt verification.
Working with other Multinationals & Relevant Trade Associations for Advocacy:
- The role is responsible for developing relationships with other relevant Multinationals or FMCG Companies in the country and identifying where joint actions can be planned and learning shared in a more structured manner.
- Local Manufacturers Associations should be utilized to create or enhance a focused IP protection / anti-counterfeiting group, but where other active trade associations exist, they should also be evaluated to consider which organization will deliver optimal benefit.
- The role requires a full understanding and capability of use of the Global BP Tools; the role must deliver rapid cross flow of information with (a) retained investigators; (b) Head of Brand Protection for Africa; and (c) other members of the wider Brand Protection teams in Africa and other Clusters.
- He must create updated brand difference files on an ongoing basis and share them with the Global / Cluster Teams as appropriate.
- He must also report all raid actions and ensure that retained investigators and CD personnel report all sightings of new counterfeits into the Global Database ‘SCOUT’. Continuous Training will be delivered by the Global Brand Protection Team working with the Head of Brand Protection, Africa.
Managing the Brand Protection Team:
- The Brand Protection Manager may be responsible for one or two staff members and manage a budget; part of this budget will be spent on training and also on one or more third party contractors who are responsible for investigations.
- The majority of these suppliers will be on annual contracts, although there will be some ad hoc activities and actions being run through other suppliers. He will be required to manage and control these suppliers, ensuring that they meet their individual targets within the overall budget requirements.
- He will need to be fully aware of Unilever’s Code of Business Principles, and their application, particularly in regard to these third party investigative agencies and ensure that they are all signed up to appropriately locally modified (by local Legal) Guidelines to Private Investigators acting for Unilever.
Working with Customer Development:
- A key component of the BP Manager’s job is in the field 60% External/Market; 30% internal Engagement 10% online monitoring.
- The BP Manager is to ensure the removal of counterfeits and other infringing products from the various channels paving the way for the CD team to replace the white spaces thus created with Unilever products.
- He is to work with the CD team to ensure that key CD contacts are regularly up to date on BP issues; ensure all CD personnel are made aware of CD policy and reporting requirements when any counterfeits are found in the trade.
- He is to arrange training sessions for the CD & KD teams and ensure that they are fully aware of the problem and are able to understand the basic indicators and report any product suspected to be counterfeits & grays from Unilever genuine products.
- He is to train and supervise the field sales operators on the use of HHT where applicable to capture pictorial data for transmission into a Share point site and interpret as appropriate for action.
- As new examples are found they should be used to update CD personnel, in a format that shows the new differences from the data sent to the SharePoint site.
- He is also to work with the Company Distributors/KDs through the FSMs and coordinate BP activities in the trade which includes training the DSRs and Merchandisers to constantly conduct on-the job education of retailers on BP responsibility/value and conduct qualitative checks at each retail calls.
Working with the CBT/Marketing Teams:
- He is to work with the CBT/Marketing teams to understand the priorities of the business and provide an interface to share more perspective of the market and help to cocreate solutions towards the success of the brand values.
- He is to discern and share the voice of the market that will help in the strategic and tactical maneuvers for market share defense, recovery and growth especially against illicit trade and counterfeits. Passion for the brands is essential
Working with the R&D Team:
- Sharing feedbacks and insight toward the development of anti counterfeiting innovations through product or packaging solutions (on pack or off pack, overt or covert solutions).
- He is to partner in the deployment and monitoring plan and share feedbacks to assist in the measurement of impact and success of such innovations.
Working with the communications team:
- He is to work with the comms team to ensure the management of image of the organization on anti-counterfeiting issues.
- He is to liase for appropriate media training and also ensure the internal and external communication on the need- to know issues around his job and keep brand protection visible in the business.
- A graduate with 3-5 years experience
- A self-starter with strong motivation to deliver a great job, even when working in some degree of isolation. Comfortable working with virtual team members.
- He should have experience in the field of investigation, preference is for an ex- law enforcement officer with a bias in experience for investigation, a demonstrably good knowledge of the FAQs and ability to analyze, interpret and interface between field investigation and Field Sales activity
- The candidate should have a keen interest in the area of field sales, a good understanding of brands and a basic understanding of the legal issues.
- The candidate should be able to communicate fluently in English & at least one major local language (spoken and written) with a wide range of people both internally and externally.
- Candidate should be data driven and be updated and comfortable in the use of various online tools and willingness to learn
- He should also be currently working at an Assistant management level
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with all the key regulatory/ enforcement Agencies and external investigators.
- Ability to add value in managing relevant third party partners is critical.
- Flexible on working hours as 9-5 is rarely achievable both in terms of operational requirements and liaison with other Cluster teams elsewhere in the world.
- Integrity is a key component of this job
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Forecasting and Planning Manager
Job type: R-17337
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Background & Purpose of the Job
- Own and continuously improve the end-to-end financial forecasting process (including S&OP), MCO targets and Annual Plan (where applicable) from a Finance perspective
- Represent Finance in any process improvement initiatives across the financial forecasting process
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Business partnering and insight:
- Provide challenge to S&OP process driving towards a high degree of alignment between volume and value and supporting the business with the identification of risks and opportunities
- Communicate and manage MCO targets at total level, and at category level
Process ownership and delivery:
- Lead engagement with Cluster Finance team on MCO targets, Annual Operating Plan, and financial forecast submissions
- Lead the MCO Annual Operating Plan process
- Lead working capital forecasting
- Prepare the total MCO forecast & individual category forecasts (assumptions, risks, opportunities, cash up) on a monthly / quarterly basis, prepare supporting analysis and participate in review of these forecasts with the relevant Marketing Leads and their Finance Leads and with the Country Leadership Team
- Act as the Finance champion of forecast bias and accuracy
- Build and actively use a network of finance peers across Unilever globally to both share and adopt good practices on Planning & Forecasting
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Strong team leadership skills (applicable to roles with direct reports)
- Strong analytical skills, Excel modelling skills and attention to detail
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong engagement, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to work fluidly with data and across systems that support the S&OP process (e.g. SAP, cash up tool)
- Ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders
- Experience with identifying risks and opportunities
- Experience managing a large and complex set of stakeholders
- Experience in driving P&L performance improvements (e.g. closing gaps vs. target) and holding others accountable (particularly peers and senior leadership)
- Experience in presenting to and communicating with senior Finance and non-Finance stakeholders
- Work closely with CCBTs in different processes (S&OP cash up, gap closing, etc.)
Finance Business Partner:
- Interaction with FBPs on risks and opportunities in Financial forecast and advise on which Supply Chain
- Ensure full alignment on latest S&OP input and P&L implications via cash up
I & A:
- Continuously optimise information and analytics
- Work with I&A on any simplification initiatives
Finance Excellence Team:
- Work with FET lead to identify priorities
- Ensure alignment
- Provide outputs from the S&OP financial forecast / annual plan
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply