MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently undeserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Finance Manager / Head of Finance
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This position reports to the CEO and serves as an integral member of the senior management team wearing the hat of Head of Finance.
- As the Head of Finance, the candidate will be responsible for developing, monitoring and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the CEO and other departments with emphasis on bottom line performance, working capital and enhancing shareholder value. This position will provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing our strategy.
- As the Head of Operations, the candidate will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency
- You will be required to professionalize and streamline the finance and operations function, enabling rapid growth strategy by significantly improving financial systems, risk management, operation efficiency, controls and KPIs, with potential future exit.
Role Purpose & Impact
To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organisation by providing leadership in:
- All financial matters, including budget development, planning & reporting; managing the accounts, payroll and financial reporting of business performance.
- All operational matters, overseeing activities to ensure safe and cost-effective management.
- To work as part of the Senior management team to contribute financial and operational expertise in the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, practices, funding proposals and applications.
- To interact with the Board of Directors, Finance & Audit Committees, by providing financial reports and information to ensure sound financial and operational governance
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies — specifically, better management reporting, information flow and management, business processes, performance management and organisational planning
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between operational support and business development & product delivery.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls
- Management of budget in coordination with the Chief Executive
- Responsible for all client service, operations, projects and digital platforms. You will lead teams that are dedicated to enhancing the customer experience and play a major part in the overall growth of this rapidly expanding company. Once established, you will focus on growth and scalability to drive continuous improvements in efficiency and quality.
- You will be responsible in building a culture that both represent the company’s goals and aspirations, as well as developing the skills and experience of your teams. You will also be required to get “hands on” in achieving these outcomes.
- You will be responsible for full day-to-day management of the Finance function, Shareholder relations and supporting future capital raising rounds.
- Define the corporate financial strategy, manage financial capital and communicate capital requirements/ implications of business decisions to CEO and BOD
- Supporting the CEO and investors in additional fund raising, due diligence, mid-term financial planning and exit strategy
- Presenting Board Packs to the Leadership team and backers
- Establishing KPI’s and reporting metrics
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Annual budgeting and forecasting for all business units
- On-going business performance review
- Analysing operational analysis and preparing meaningful MI to enhance corporate decision making
- Providing finance related advice for new product analysis covering accounting, billing, risk management and taxation.
- Assisting in contract negotiations with suppliers
- Establish internal control processes required to manage and grow the business
- Drive the annual budget process and the monthly reporting
- Effectively lead the finance / accounting/operations team by developing and coaching existing team and by hiring and retaining top-grade talent
- Develop and implement a financial risk management policy
- Effectively manage bankers, board of director, suppliers, and other financial relationships
- Coordinate strategy (on behalf of CEO) to realise ambitions set out in the Corporate Plan
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organisationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence
Regulatory & Statutory Relationship:
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors (Internal and External Auditors).
- Coordinates regulatory and supervisory functions.
- Manages relationship with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. NDIC, CBN, FIRS, LIRS, etc.
- Reviews and manages the Financial Risks undertaken by the business, and demonstrates a good understanding of the risk profile of the company whilst reporting risk issues, and mitigating all identified risks.
Internal Control & Monitoring:
- Ensures adequate controls are instituted and maintained to cover all financial transactions, and safeguard financial assets.
- Possesses versatile ability to handle various business applications within the Company.
- Oversees activities of employees and teams (i.e. hires, coaches, appraises rewards, motivates, discipline, etc.)
- Works in conjunction with other senior management team members to set standards, priorities and schedules.
- Responsible for employee engagement within the Finance team.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 10 – 15 years Experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage project/process.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent ability as a consultant/negotiator to influence company senior management and Board of Directors.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding Customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships, highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skill.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the executive team.
- Creative and forward-thinking skill.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong ethics.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the Company.
- Responsible for capital planning and allocation as well as balance sheet optimization.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Coordination of financial reports within the Company.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of Fintech financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
N300,000 – N500,000 / month.
Job Title: Risk Analyst
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- This role will report to the Risk Manager and will be responsible for recovery of overdue payments from customers. The successful candidate will also be working with the credit department to assess credit applications and identify suitability.
- Devise customized recovery strategy on a case-by-case basis.
- Make outbound collection calls to defaulting customers.
- Manage relationship with external debt collectors.
- Design and negotiate payment plans for defaulting customers with management’s approval.
- Follow up with customers on previous payment plans.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date customer account information.
- When necessary, liaise with Lawyers, Bailiffs, and Enforcement agencies.
- Negotiate settlements with customers.
- Take ownership of debt recovery cases and collateral where required.
- Maintain appropriate and comprehensive records of all customer discussions as it relates to debt recovery.
- Report daily, weekly and monthly progress against targets to Management.
- Participate in the weekly credit review committee meeting.
- Manage relationship with debtor customers to ensure compliance with repayment agreements.
- Conduct and document recovery visitations to customers.
- Review, process and reconcile accounts of indebted customers, to ensure amicable resolution & payment of agreed sum.
- Recover past due payments from delinquent customers.
- Work with the Risk Manager to assess credit applications.
- Perform detailed analysis on applications with reference to approved policies to assess suitability of applications.
- Minimum of a Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, etc. from a reputable University.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in retail credit, risk and recovery.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of proper and ethical debt collection techniques.
- Ability to quickly build a picture of a customer’s personal circumstances and needs.
- Strong negotiating, counselling, and problem solving skills.
- Experience of collecting first and third party accounts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Able to work well as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong attention to detail. Having a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent listening ability and superb questioning techniques.
- Always accurate and on time in completing duties.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving, Critical reasoning, detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and writing skills.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of FINTECH
- Sound Knowledge of Civil Servant /Payroll Loans e. g through IPPIS and Oracle.
- N50,000 – N75,000 monthly.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts
- General accounting and book-keeping duties
- Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and request for payments
- Maintaining accounting records, filing systems and computer files
- Undertaking general clerical duties such as dealing with correspondence, filing and photocopying
- Assisting in disbursement of cheques and cash payments
- Depositing of cheques in the bank when required
- Generating invoices for various Business partners and chasing up invoices for payments
- Checking of sales invoices to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Any other administrative duties as required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organisation
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Accounting from a reputable university with 1 – 3 years work experience.
- Prior experience in a similar role will be an added advantage
- Computer literate, good working knowledge of MS Excel;
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Self Starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient.
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2021.
Note: If you’re not contacted within 2 weeks from the deadline of this application, your application was not successful.