Oyo State Government Recruitment for Project Coordinator
The Oyo State Government, through the Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Project: Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP)
Job Type: One (1) year Contract; Renewable
- The Oyo State Government has received financing from the World Bank to support the implementation of Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP).
- The Project however, intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit, for the payment of the engagement of an Individual to fill the position of the Project Coordinator equivalent to that of a Managing Director.
Scope of Service
- The Project Coordinator shall be responsible for overall coordination and implementation of all the Project activities and delivery of outputs in accordance with the time frame, budget and specification to achieve the Project Development Objectives;
- Provide Reports and Information to the Project Steering Committee (PSC), Oyo State Government and the World Bank in a timely manner; and
- Undertake any other additional tasks or responsibilities that may be assigned by the Chairman of the Project Steering Committee for the smooth functioning of IUFMP Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree preferably in Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Resources and Hydraulics, Business Administration, Economics, Urban Planning.
- Strong preference for candidates with good technical background and experience in managing large scale civil engineering or infrastructure projects;
- A Postgraduate Degree and / or Certification in Project Management of not less than eight (8) years is desirable and will be of added advantage;
- At least 15 years of Project Management experience with not less than 10 years of work experience in managing MDB-funded projects in Nigeria or other African countries
- Must possess adequate experience, skills and knowledge in Project Planning, Public Procurement, Contract and Financial Management especially on Donor funded Projects;
- Effective interpersonal, management,and negotiation skills proven through successful interaction with stakeholders, including senior government officials, regional / local authorities, experts and NGOs / communities;
- Demonstrated ability in team building and management;
- Fluency in English and ability to speak local language will be added advantage and
- Demonstrable Computer proficiency in a minimum of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- The Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP) now invites eligible Individual to indicate their interest in providing the services
- Interested Individuals must provide information through their Curriculum Vitae indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.).
- An Individual will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011.
Application Closing Date
4.00pm Friday 7th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates must deliver their Expressions of Interest (EOI) in sealed envelope to:
The Ag. Project Coordinator,
Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP),
Plot 1068, Oba Akinyele Street,
Opposite Federal Secretariat, Ikolaba GRA,
Ibadan, Oyo State.
Telephone: +234-(0)807 314 1729, +234-(0)809 670 0946
- For more information on the Selection Process, please visit www.worldbank.org
- Interested Individuals may obtain further information at the address above between the working hours of 9.00am – 4.00pm, Mondays through Fridays.
Note: RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria.
We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria.