Applications are now open for The Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA) 2021 Advanced Leadership Programme.
The Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture’s (CALA) Advanced Leadership Programme is a collaborative, hands-on, and tailored experience for senior and rising leaders in Africa’s agriculture sector.
Designed for individuals spearheading and directly implementing specific country-level agriculture initiatives, the programme is initially open to participants from eight countries.
Certificate & Recognition
- Graduates of the programme will receive a certificate in Advanced Leadership Programme for Africa’s Food Security & Sustainability
- Be recognized as delivery champions across AGRA’s prestigious continental platforms and events, including at the national level
- Join an esteemed network of transformative leaders providing peer support for continuous achievement of country priorities
The 16-month leadership programme for experienced professionals will include a unique learning approach to developing participants’ leadership, collaboration and management skills, through the following experiences:
- Virtual and in-person (when possible) learning events to hone leadership skills for delivery
- Action Learning Projects connected directly to the participants’ job objectives and country transformation objectives
- On-the-job and in-country coaching
- Regular peer accountability sessions
- Participation in bi-annual leadership forums
- Participation in the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
- Exposure to case studies of ‘Game-changers’ in African agriculture
- Virtual and in-person peer-learning and networking with cohorts of participants from across the continent.
Programme Costs & Sponsorship
Participants’ fees are partly sponsored through support provided to AGRA by the German Development Cooperation through KfW Development Bank. This will include travel costs for all leadership forums and graduation events from 2022. The 2021 leadership forum will be virtual in compliance with COVID-19 restrictions. Attendance fees for AGRF 2021 will be fully self-sponsored (or supported by your institution).
The Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA) 2021 Advanced Leadership Programme Eligibility
Leaders implementing country-level agriculture efforts:
- Established or emerging leaders working in government, private firms and associations, or civil society organizations who are responsible for driving agriculture flagships and priority programs.
- Must be actively employed or working in government (public sector), private sector and civil society (associations or civil society organizations)
- 2 initial cohorts will be formed from participants from the following countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda.
Special consideration will be given to:
- Women leaders
- Individuals working to advance agro-ecological practices.
- Application Deadline: May 26, 2021
- Currently accepting applications for Cohort 1
To Apply Visit https://ami.smapply.io/prog/cala_advanced_leadership/