UNESCO 2022 Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report Individual Fellowship Programme
SThe Global Education Monitoring (GEM) Report Fellowship Programme supports researchers who aim to bring a fresh perspective to comparative and international education. It offers an opportunity to be part of a select group of researchers and scholars who are advancing knowledge in this field, while working with the GEM Report team.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply for the fellowship.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): UNESCO
- Host Institution(s): UNESCO
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate
- Duration: Up to 11 months
- Fellowship Worth: See Fellowship Benefits
- Nationality: All Nationalities
UNESCO Global Education Monitoring Report Fellowship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the UNESCO Global Education Monitoring Report Fellowship, applicants must:
- Possess an advanced university degree in education, sociology, economics, political science, psychology, demography, statistics, psychometrics or other related fields.
- Have a proven experience in policy analysis in an academic/research or national/international agency setting.
- Possess proven experience in organising projects in research and/or policy contexts.
- Contacts within the education policy community would be an advantage.
- Be experienced with education systems in low, middle or high income countries.
- Possess sound knowledge of and proven experience in the application of statistical techniques involving large-scale survey data. Experience using statistical analysis software such as Mplus, R, STATA, SPSS or SAS would be an asset.
- Fluency in one of the two UNESCO working languages (English and French) and the capacity to draft to a high standard in English.
- Submit research proposal placed within the current policy debate on SDG 4, the international education goal, and briefly describe the potential contribution this research will make to the field of education and to policy making.
UNESCO 2022 GEM Report Individual Fellowship Programme Benefits
- A stipend (up to US$19,500) for the duration of the fellowship (up to 11 months).
- A mentor from the team of GEM Report researchers. The GEM Report staff will allocate 2-3 hours per week to remotely mentor and guide the fellows.
How to Apply for UNESCO 2022 GEM Report Individual Fellowship Programme
Applicants for the UNESCO Global Education Monitoring Report Fellowship 2022 will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- CV in UNESCO format.
- One page with brief project title, abstract (no more than 200 words), duration, budget.
- Project proposal (maximum 8 pages / 4000 words) with the following information: research question / aim of the project; relevance to the GEM Report; proposed data and methodology; timeline and resources
Fo more information, visit https://en.unesco.org/gem-report/fellowship-2022
Application Deadline: 1 December 2021 (midnight, Paris time)