United Nations Careers Job for Human Right Officer
The United Nations through the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Geneva is currently inviting applications for the United Nations Careers Human Right Officer Position.
The United Nations recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
Advanced degree in law, human rights, political science or international relations
Thomson Reuters journalism internship Program | What to Expect
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinates the work on gender-based violence within WHRGS;
- Provides expert advice with a view to implementing OHCHR’s policy on promoting and protecting women’s rights and gender equality, including supporting the implementation of the recommendations of human rights mechanisms.
- Conducts research, develops programmes and provides analytical and expert advice and input into the plans and activities of the Office with regards to gender-based violence and women, peace and security issues.
- Provides guidance and expertise in the design, implementation and evaluation of projects, training programmes, organizational instruments and tools including for advisory services and technical cooperation programmes for OHCHR and partners, as relevant.
- Provides guidance on the integration of women’s human rights and a gender perspective in human rights activities at the country, regional and international level, with a focus on gender-based violence.
- In close consultation with relevant field and other colleagues, leads and provides technical and expert support on women’s rights, gender and gender-based violence to international, regional and national stakeholders.
Interested applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in law, human rights, political science or international relations, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in human rights, international relations, law or related area is required.
- Experience in gender and women human rights is required.
- Experience in human rights monitoring and reporting is desirable.
- Experience providing analytical advice and inputs in human rights reports and programmes is desirable.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify.
How to Apply
Your applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform.
Application Deadline: October 7, 2021
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
RECRUITMENT REPORT is a reliable Job / Vacancy Site in Nigeria. Our goal is to provide you with the latest Jobs in Nigeria. We also provide adequate information that will aid you to qualify for any interview or job openings. Search For Jobs, vacancies, recruitments, career opportunities in Nigeria!
We share available/current job vacancies for job seekers who are interested to apply. We do not have any relationship with the employers. We can not assist any job seeker secure a job.
Our admins will NEVER call, text or email any of our members requesting for payment of any kind. Our services are Free of Charge.
BEWARE OF SCAMMERS. Thanks